Definitions for "Calender rolls"
A unit on the SLIVER LAPPER, RIBBON LAPPER, and COMBING MACHINE which presses the RIBBON LAP or SLIVER, as it comes from the DRAWING ROLLERS, into a loosely matted layer.
A series of metal rolls at the end of a paper machine; when the paper is passed between these rolls, it increases its smoothness, gloss and reduces it's bulk.
A horizontally placed set or stack of cast-iron rolls, finished to a mirror-like finish, and positioned at the end of the papermaking machine. The paper is passed between the rolls to increase the smoothness and gloss of its surface.