Definitions for "Plotters"
Keywords:  styli, pens, toner, sophisticated, draw
A output device like a printer, which draws lines with pens. Often used in architectural or engineering applications.
Sophisticated printers that produce high-quality drawings by using a row of charged wires (called styli) to draw an electrostatic pattern on specially coated paper and then fuse toner to the pattern. 6.22