Government House is the name given to some of the residences of Governors-General, Governors and Lieutenant-Governors in the Commonwealth and the former British Empire. When Queen Elizabeth II or a member of the Royal Family visits a Commonwealth nation, they will often stay at Government House, which is reflected in the Court Circular.
British Columbia's Government House is the official residence of the Lieutenant-Governor of British Columbia. It is located in Victoria, British Columbia.
Manitoba's Government House is the official residence of the lieutenant governor of Manitoba. It is located at 10 Kennedy Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Government House is the official residence of the Lieutenant-Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador. Government House was a by-product of the wave of administrative initiatives that took place during the 1820s. The royal charter of 1825 bestowed official colonial status for Newfoundland.
Government House in Downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia is the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia. It is the oldest building used as an official residence in Canada today with construction beginning in 1800. It currently is closed for extensive renovations and is scheduled to reopen in December, 2008.
Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan, was constructed as a residence for the Lieutenant-Governor of the North-West Territories, whose territorial headquarters were in Regina until the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta were created out of the Territories in 1905 and Regina became the capital of Saskatchewan. At that point Government House became the viceregal residence of Saskatchewan.
Government House, Saint John's, Antigua & Barbuda
Government House in Charlottetown is the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Prince Edward Island.
Quebec's Government House, known as Spencerwood, was the Vice regal residence of Quebec. It was built in 1854. Located at the Bois-de-Coulonge park, it was purchased by the Quebec Government in 1870 and served as the residence of Quebec Lieutenant-Governors until 1966 when a major fire destroyed the main residence.
Government House is the former official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta.
Government House in Stanley has been the home of the Falkland Islands' London-appointed Governors since the mid-19th century. The official residence was built in 1845.
Government House in Battleford, Saskatchewan served as the seat for the government of the Northwest Territories between 1878 and 1883 (the area that now makes up Saskatchewan was part of the Northwest Territories until the province was created in 1905). The building was constructed in 1877 and was destroyed by fire in 2003.