Numerous Royal Navy ships have borne the name HMS Arethusa, after the Greek mythological nymph Arethusa who was transformed by Artemis into a fountain.
HMS Arethusa (F38) was a Leander-class frigate of the Royal Navy (RN). She was, like the rest of the Leanders, named after a figure of mythology. Arethusa was built by J.S.
HMS Arethusa (26) was the name ship of her class of light cruisers for the Royal Navy. She was built by Chatham Dockyard (UK), with the keel being laid down on 25 January 1933. She was launched on 6 March 1934, and commissioned 21 May 1935 by Captain Philip Vian.
HMS Arethusa was the name ship of her class of light cruisers. She was laid down at Chatham Dockyard in October 1912, launched in October 1913, and commissioned in August 1914 as flotilla leader for the Harwich Destroyer flotillas.
HMS Arethusa was a British Royal Navy single-deck fifth-rate frigate of 38 guns built at Bristol in 1781.