A small building, or a part of a building, more or less open, constructed in a place commanding a fine prospect.
A pavilion or raised turret.
summer house; small room on a house roof
A terrace or lookout point.
an architectural structure, such as a gazebo or a roofed open gallery, situated in a landscape so as to command a good view of the surrounding countryside; literally "beautiful view" in Latin.
a small look-out tower on the roof of a house, inspired by Italian villas.
a gazebo sited to command a fine view
a building placed specifically so that it commands a fine view
a structure from which a fine view may be had especially a top story that is open on one or more sides
A small open platform, roofed over, and located on top of the roof to provide a view.
(c/f loggia) - A terrace or room erected above a roof or on high land, for the enjoyment of a fine view.
Projection from top of roof; also called cupola
The word dervies from Italian roots (bel= beautiful and vedere=see) and describes a place from which one can see a beautiful view. This place can be a building, usually with open sides, or a defined spot (eg a curved terrace with a seat). Example 1
A raised turret or pavillion.
Summerhouse or roofed gallery sited to command a fine view.
A raised turret or pavilion.
A rooftop pavilion or gazebo from which a vista can be enjoyed.
A summer house on a height or an upper-story open-roofed gallery designed to give a view of the scenery.
A small lookout tower on the roof of a house.
Belvedere (occasionally Belvidere) is an architectural term adopted from Italian (literally "fair view"), which refers to any architectural structure sited to take advantage of such a view. A belvedere may be built in the upper part of a building so as to command a fine view. The actual structure can be of any form, whether a turret, a cupola or an open gallery (in Italian an altana).
Belvedere on the Klausberg (German: Belvedere auf dem Klausberg from the Italian word for fine view) is located in the north of Brandenburg's capital of Potsdam. It was built from 1770-1772 under the rule of Friedrich the Great on the ridge, which bordered the northern edge of Sanssouci Park. Architect Georg Christian Unger received the commission for the building, which at the time of its construction could be seen from a great distance away.