The audience profile shows how a main audience category is divided into its subcategories (such as age, social grade or sex), in percentage terms. For example, if a programme achieves an Adult AB profile of 10%, this means that 10% of adult viewers were AB, while the other 90% were C1, C2 or DE Adults. An audience profile can be compared with the equivalent population profile to produce an index (see index).
a description of your audience
Detailed information on a media audience, including a demographic profile and socioeconomic profile.
Is a description of the demographic composition of an audience, usually in percentage distribution terms.
An analysis of the average reader of a targeted publication. Compiled using demographics and a market analysis, an audience profile helps the writer determine exactly which angle to take with the article.