Definitions for "Filling In"
Keywords:  halftone, dot, ink, overinking, reverse
A condition when ink fills in the space between halftone dots and also fills in type.
A condition in which the ink fills the area between halftone dots or plugs up the type, such as in the letter "e." Also called filling up.
a condition where ink fills the area between the halftone dots or plugs up the type.
The operation of filling in the space on the inside of the front or back board left uncovered by the cloth or covering material with pulp or manilla card. This levels the surfaces so that the endpapers lie flat, and is called a filler.
on some ribbed baskets a wedge-shaped area remains unwoven when the rim is full; it must be filled in by some type of "back and forth" weaving; also called "packing".