The total liquid product of precipitation or condensation from the atmosphere as received and measured in a rain gauge in past 24 hours at 03 UTC. Classification of rainfall is as follows: Very heavy Rainfall more than 12.5 cm Heavy Rainfall 6.5 to 12.5 cm Rather heavy Rainfall 3.5 to 6.5 cm Moderate Rainfall 0.8 to 3.5 cm Light rain Rainfall 0.3 to 0.7 cm Very light rain Rainfall up to 0.2 cm No rain When there is zero rainfall. Rainfall Distribution: Spatial distribution of rainfall is highly variable. The following criteria are used in forecasting practices . Isolated When rainfall occurred 25 % or less of the total area under observation Scattered When rainfall occurred 26 to 50 % of the total area under observation. Fairly Widespread When rainfall occurred 51 to 75 % of the total area under observation. Light rain Rainfall 0.3 to 0.7 cm Very light rain Rainfall up to 0.2 cm No rain When there is zero rainfall.
The amount of precipitation of any type (including the liquid equivalent of frozen hydrometeors); usually taken as that amount measured by means of a rain gauge (thus a small, varying amount of direct condensation is included). A more accurate term would be precipitation or precipitation amount. However, the broad use of "rainfall" is firmly established in meteorology, especially in hydrologic and climatological literature. Its best utilization would confine it to liquid precipitation, and so would provide a distinction between precipitation immediately accessible to soil and streams and that delayed in storage as snow or ice on the earth's surface.
The accumulated amount of rainfall received over a 24-hour period. Rainfall is typically measured with a tipping bucket raingauge. Rainfall is collected from April 1st to October 31st. Data outside of these dates will be indicated as NA or "0".