Your pet cries, crouches, has labored breathing, drools, vomits, trembles, or may be in a coma. If your pet has ingested poison and you can identify it, contact your veterinarian or the local poison control center (629-1123). When vomiting is recommended, use a hydrogen peroxide solution or syrup of ipecac. (With some poisons, however, it is harmful to induce vomiting.) If you can't get your pet to a hospital immediately, give him activated charcoal, milk, egg whites, or milk of magnesia to help absorb the poison.