Definitions for "Transfer molding"
Keywords:  sprue, plunger, thermoset, runner, mold
Molding process in which a quantity of mix is forced into a closed heated cavity or cavities from a heated chamber integral with the mold.
Unvulcanized rubber is placed in a chamber (called a pot), usually at the top of the mold, and the assembly is placed in a press. The press applies pressure to a piston-like plug in the open end of the pot, clamping the halves of the mold together and forcing the rubber to flow through the heated mold.
A process of forming articles by fusing a plastic material in a chamber then forcing the whole mass into a hot mold to solidify.