A city in Yorkshire, England. Hartley, Greens & Co. established a well-known pottery there in the latter 18th century, also known as Leeds Pottery. Many other potteries were situated nearby, often producing similar wares to those produced at the Leeds Pottery, sometimes even as subcontractors. The manufacture of creamware and pearlware utilitarian and decorative earthenwares there continued, in one way or another, into the 20th century. Reproductions of 18th century objects were made from the original block molds into the 1920's by the Senior family, marked with the original impressed backstamp. The work of the original company is highly regarded, particularly ornamental creamware.